Volunteers are needed throughout Lincoln Square’s programs to help us fulfill our mission, touching the lives of 3,000 participants every year. There are many different ways that you can help, whether you have only a few hours to spare or can make a longer-term commitment to ongoing work. Here are just some of the many volunteer opportunities currently available; we are always open to your ideas and suggestions.
Volunteers help us provide services by:
- Help with food preparation and serving meals to frail elderly.
- Assist with distribution of commodity foods to needy persons.
- Call someone who is isolated and alone to provide them with support via our telephone reassurance and/or friendly visiting programs.
- Do light shopping and escort for frail older persons.
- Advocacy: Lincoln Square Neighborhood Center, through the efforts of NORC Supportive Services, advocates on Older Adult issues.
If you would like to participate, please email Linda.Esposito@lsncny.org.